PEATC's PARENT & YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SUMMIT 2018!
September 8, 2018 | Williamsburg, VA
PEATC is pleased to announce its 4th annual Parent and Youth Empowerment Summit to be held on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA. The goal of the Summit is to increase parents’ capacity to help their youth with disabilities improve their secondary school learning and post-secondary outcomes and to increase the capacity of youth to be effective self-advocates.
PEATC views this Summit as an opportunity to provide youth with Special Needs ages 12 and older and their parents the opportunity to gather information, and ideas from presentations and exhibitors, to network and connect with other families, in order to feel empowered. The Summit will consist of break-out sessions with concurrent Parent and Self-Advocate Tracks. (Teens 12 and older & Young Adults).
$50 Registration fee includes:
- Summit admission for youth self-advocates and parents/guardians (1 adult is required to attend)
- Breakfast and lunch for registered attendees. Families have an option to pay for meal vouchers for non-attending family members that will cover breakfast and lunch.
- 4 Water Park Passes and one-night hotel accommodation (Friday, September 7th).
$50.00 per family payable online or check mailed to: 8003 Forbes Place, Suite 310, Springfield, VA 22015
- Registration: Friday, 4:00- 7:00 PM & Saturday, 7:00-8:30 AM
- Breakfast: 7:30 AM
- Conference Kick-Off: 8:30 AM Closing Remarks: 1:30 PM
Great Wolf Lodge
549 E Rochambeau Drive
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Spaces are limited.
Please make accommodations for youth who are not attending the summit.
If you have any questions feel free to contact PEATC at (703) 923-0010 or email Yancey@peatc.org