A FREE parent friendly 5-week self-paced online transition course. It is never too early to start learning about students with disabilities transitioning to adulthood. It is never too early to begin taking steps to prepare for the future!
October 6 through November 10, 2019
Life is full of transitions. For families of children with disabilities thinking about the future can bring mixed emotions. Some families are just trying to make it through day-to-day challenges and might not feel they have the energy to think about what happens after high school. Others may want to plan for that transition, but are confused by unfamiliar language, complex steps, and the many agencies that may be involved in adult services.
Join us for this FREE 5-week SELF-PACED online course that focuses on providing parent-friendly transition information to help make transition planning easier. This course is designed for parents/caregivers of elementary, middle or high school students that receive special education services. The goal is to share factual information on transition services and to help make the transition from school services to the adult services world less confusing.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- What do we mean by Transition and Why is it Important?
- Supported Decision Making, Power of Attorney, Guardianship, and Age of Majority
- Future Planning including Special Needs Trust, ABLE Accounts, and Letters of Intent
- Transitioning into Independent Living (employment, further education, housing, etc.)
- Connecting to Your Community and to Adult Services
- and much more!
REGISTER TODAY: https://fall2019transitionuniversity.eventbrite.com/
REGISTER NOW: https://fall2019transitionuniversity.eventbrite.com