PEATC's VIRTUAL TRAININGS
PEATC is OPEN and HERE TO HELP YOU! While we will continue providing resources to help you cope with COVID-19, we also understand the power of education and for that reason, all of our educational trainings and workshops through the month of May 2020, will be provided virtually and from the comfort of your home.
Get ready to grab a warm drink, delicious snacks, your computer/tablet, and enjoy the ride through our virtual educational experiences.
- TRANSITION UNIVERSITY 2020
- CAPACITY BUILDING FOR IEP TEAMS TRAINING 2020
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS
- ABLEnow and the Importance of ABLE Account | May 28, 2020 at 12:00 PM. Save for today’s needs or invest for tomorrow in a simple, affordable and tax-advantaged account that won’t impact certain disability benefits. ABLEnow accounts are made possible by the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act, which authorized states to establish tax-advantaged ABLE savings programs. As the Virginia-sponsored ABLE savings program, ABLEnow is administered by Virginia529.
- Therapist Thursdays: Shoebox Thursday | May 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM. Many of us with young children have been looking for easy ways to work on skill building during this extended time at home. How do we work on therapies in our homes? Do we have the tools in place? Where do we even begin? During this virtual session, discover new playtime activities using ordinary household items with Dana Blair Carroll MOT, OTR/L from Play to Grow PLLC.
- Keeping Track: COVID-19, Special Education, and IEP's | May 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM. During the COVID-19 pandemic, families are struggling with the day-to -day activities life throws at them. Keeping Track was created to provide support, information, and strategies to help families navigate the current state of special education. Additional sessions below:
- Therapist Thursdays: Supporting Positive Behaviors | June 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM. Join us to learn of other skills that can support positive behaviors presented by Amanda Randall, M.Ed, BCBA.