PEATC's VIRTUAL TRAININGS
PEATC is OPEN and HERE TO HELP YOU! While we will continue providing resources to help you cope with COVID-19, we also understand the power of education and for that reason, all of our educational trainings and workshops through the month of May 2020, will be provided virtually and from the comfort of your home.
Get ready to grab a warm drink, delicious snacks, your computer/tablet, and enjoy the ride through our virtual educational experiences.
- TRANSITION UNIVERSITY 2020
- CAPACITY BUILDING FOR IEP TEAMS TRAINING 2020
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS
- Learning About Your Child's Development | NOW OPEN - August 15. This FREE self-paced online workshop series, facilitated by PEATC, provides parents with the foundations, tips, and tools on helping their child learn to read. This series will be divided into four sessions and include topics such as: skills needed to learn to read; how reading typically develops; why children might struggle to read; and signs of risk for reading difficulties.
- IEP Clinic for Military Families | July 18, 2020 at 9:00 AM. 30-minute, virtual, individual IEP consultations for military families. Families should come prepared with their top three concerns or questions and IEPs must be sent in advance of the consultation to PEATC for review.
- Disability Benefits: VA’s Medicaid Waivers and SSI | July 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM. Navigating the world of disability benefits can be tricky, time consuming and overwhelming. This workshop will help make that process easier. Join us as we discuss in clear understandable language: what are VA’s Medicaid Waivers and what are Social Security benefits, who is eligible, and how do I apply.
- Your Voice Matters | July 23, 2020 at 11:30 AM. Parents, your voice matters! This live webinar will empower you to see the value of your gifts, expertise, and contribution around authentic family engagement.
- Keeping Track: COVID-19, Special Education and IEPs | July 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM. During this time of uncertainty, families with special needs children receiving special education services in Virginia have questions and concerns about the impact this pandemic will have on their student’s education. Keeping Track was specifically designed to assist families struggling to navigate the complex predicament we currently find ourselves in. This information will ensure attendees have important tools at their disposal, so parents are ready when schools reopen.