UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS
- Keeping Track: COVID-19, Special Education and IEPs | August 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM. Keeping Track was created to provide support, information, and strategies to help families navigate the current state of special education. As divisions prepare to reopen this fall, learn ways to communicate with your school and what steps parents should take to have important discussions about your child’s needs when they go back to school.
- IEP Clinic for Military Families | September 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. PEATC, in collaboration with Commander Navy Region Mid-Atlantic Child and Youth Programs, is hosting 30-minute virtual IEP consultations on Saturday, September 26th, 2020, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Transition University - FALL | October 11 - November 23, 2020. Join us for this FREE 5-week SELF-PACED online course that focuses on providing parent-friendly transition information to help make transition planning easier. This course is designed for parents/caregivers of elementary, middle or high school students that receive special education services. The goal is to share factual information on transition services and to help make the transition from school services to the adult services world less confusing.
- Navigating the Path to Independent Housing: 2 Part Series | October 2020 at 7:00 PM.
- Session 1: Housing Resources for Virginians with Developmental Disabilities: Join us to learn about the financial assistance programs that make housing affordable for people with developmental disabilities, including Housing Choice Vouchers, the State Rental Assistance Program, Virginia’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs and Flexible Funding.
- Session 2: Preparing for the Transition to Housing: This session will review the major steps that individuals with disabilities must take to prepare to "make a move" from their current housing setting to living in their own rental home with supports.