It’s Your Life: Youth Empowerment Days
This virtual opportunity will be FREE to students and will include:
• Learning to Speak Up – The Importance of Self-Advocacy
• Reality Check – Independent Living and Social Skills Checklist and Discussion
• Workplace Readiness - Am I Ready for a Job?
• Let’s Dream and Plan - What does your Dream Future look like?
• What’s Out There to Help Me? – Resources for the Transition to Adulthood
• Next Steps for Your Future!
This event will include mailed student and parent packets, online information, and scheduled virtual group meetings to provide opportunities to students to learn and share and to begin practicing self-determination and self-advocacy skills.
Training opportunity for Virginia’s DARS students receiving Pre-ETS
Choose the session that works best for your schedule. The total time spent will be about 4 hours.
You will NOT have to log in every day of the session.
Session One: Open from June 21 - July 4
Session Two: Open from July 12 - July 25
Session Three: Open from July 26 - Aug 8
Session Four: Open from Aug 16 - Aug 29
To explore signing your child up for this workshop, contact your local DARS office or Pre-ETS Counselor. If your child does not have a DARS case the following will be needed:
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Permission Form completed, signed and returned to your DARS counselor.
- Copy of student's disability certification (IEP, 504 cover page, or medical statement from doctor) if not on file with school.
DARS counselors will connect parents/guardians with PEATC’s registration contact to get your student registered.