Notice of Vocational Rehabilitation Public Comment Forum
Monday, March 24th 2014
Feb 25, 2014
NOTICE OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
PUBLIC COMMENT FORUM
Monday, March 24, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
DARS Alexandria Office
5904 Old Richmond Highway, Suite 410
Alexandria, VA 22303
The Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and the DARS State Rehabilitation Council will hold a Public Forum to receive comment on our vocational rehabilitation (VR) program. Comments received will be used towards the development of our 2015 State Plan and our VR policies and procedures. Specific types of comments that address State Plan requirements include:
• Transition services for students with disabilities to help facilitate transition from high school to post-secondary training programs and work;
• Skills DARS vocational rehabilitation staff should possess to provide quality VR services to consumers;
• New initiatives that might improve vocational training or employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities;
• Recommendations for improvements to supported employment services; and
• Improving and/or expanding services specifically to minorities and underserved or unserved populations of consumers.
If you cannot attend the Forum in person, you may call in or send your written comment to:
Elizabeth E. Smith, Director of Policy and Planning
Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
8004 Franklin Farms Drive, Henrico, Virginia 23229
FAX (804) 662-7644
For comments to be considered for DARS 2015 State Plan, they must be received by May 1, 2014. However, public input on the Department’s planning efforts is welcome at any time. The current State Plan may be accessed at www.vadars.org/publications or by contacting Elizabeth Smith.
Sorry. You are limited to emailing articles per day.
Copyright © 2020 Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center