PEATC is Recruiting
Latino Outreach Coordinator positionJan 28, 2015Latino Outreach Coordinator (Falls Church, VA)
The Latino Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outreach to linguistically diverse families and traditionally under served minority populations throughout Virginia and to increase community based partnerships with other family serving organizations. Using unique and specific outreach strategies the incumbent will build capacity of target populations to access education services to increase student success. This position is funded under the provisions of the US Department of Education Office, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education and the US Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Outreach Coordinator plans and implements outreach efforts with staff and other PEATC programs to ensure that Federal resources are being used to their fullest extent.
• Proven track record of working with culturally, socioeconomically and geographically diverse families. Ability to integrate family-centered and culturally competent principles throughout the organization, its activities and projects.
• Leadership skills and experience using the principles and strategies of systems change, group facilitation, and conflict resolution to establish and support family/school/community partnerships.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and balance competing demands.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in a manner that can motivate organizations and audiences to work collaboratively to promote positive change.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge and experience in community outreach with diverse populations, especially Spanish-speaking families.
Bachelor's Degree, preferred. Experience may be substituted for academic preparation.
Bicultural heritage, a plus.
• Conduct outreach to linguistically diverse and traditionally underserved minority populations, and the organizations which serve them.
• Collaborate with other organizations working on behalf of families.
• Conduct workshops on educational issues related to parent involvement, parent leadership and diversity in English and Spanish.
• Promote PEATC and its services through public awareness activities, including but not limited to, contact with media outlets, representing PEATC at meetings, conferences, school open houses, and other events.
• Contribute to the development of project materials (i.e., writing, editing, proof-reading and/or translating materials).
• Respond to requests for information via in-person contact, telephone, mail, and email.
• Maintain accurate and updated information on families and communities served via a data collection system.
• Work with PEATC staff in support of agency, as needed.
• Participate in PEATC staff and other meetings or staff-development activities meetings, as needed.
• Represent PEATC at meetings, conferences, task forces, interagency councils, advisory boards, etc.
• Support the work of agency team members, project collaborators and community-based team members
• Maintain and update resource materials to reflect changes in education statutes both federal and state
• Report and collect statistical information for evaluation purposes
• Represent PEATC at local/state/national meetings, trainings and/or stakeholder committees as a voice for Virginia's families, schools and communities in order to impact positive systems change.
• Establish and foster collaborative activities and partnerships with other organizations, educational institutions, state agencies, advocacy and community groups, parent centers, and businesses in support of PEATC's mission and philosophy.
• Responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of program impact, implementation and evaluation data; budget management, cost projections, and accounting; documentation of performance through AIMS, post presentation and outreach reporting; weekly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Supports PEATC through communications; the development and dissemination of materials; media releases; the website; and E-news.
• Accountable for providing guidance, resources, support and supervision that will enable staff to be effective in promoting positive futures for Virginia's children.
Characteristics, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and willingness to learn
• Ability to work both independently and as part of as team in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of professionals and parents
• Valid Driver's License, an automobile, proof of automobile insurance and ability to travel throughout the state
• Available to work some evening and weekend hours including occasional overnight stays out of town
Compensation: Salary Range: $18.00 to $23.00 / per hour with a great benefits package.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
*As an equal opportunity employer, PEATC believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state and federal law, PEATC's employment decisions and practices will not be influenced or affected by race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sorry. You are limited to emailing articles per day.
Copyright © 2018 Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center