PEATC wants to partner with YOU!
Parents as Collaborative Leaders: Improving Outcomes for Children with Disabilities
May 11, 2015
Interested in learning new skills to improve life and supports for your child as well as other families in your area?
If so, consider participating in this FREE 3-day training. You’ll gather with other parents, Parent Resource Centers (PRCs) and Special Education Advisory Councils (SEACs) to develop skills around leadership, communication and relationships.
APPLY HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2015PEATCPACL
The “Parents as Collaborative Leaders” training can serve as a road map with trainers from PEATC as your guides. This experience will combine current literature, personal stories, networking with others and skill development activities to support and guide you in your role as a parent, volunteer, local board member or any of the roles you play.
Join us for 3 vibrant days to explore and learn:
* Valuable ways for communicating with professionals involved with your family and those you serve
* Strategies for finding and using state and local resources for your family and those you serve
* Effective ways to impact outcomes for your family and others
* Skills from other families who are navigating on a similar path
* Strategies for engaging families in meaningful dialogues regarding special education
* Ways to leverage this new information in order to help create budding leaders in your community
By the end of the training you will have fine tuned your leadership skills to develop meaningful collaborative partnerships in your community by leading groups of parents in facilitated discussions around Special Education.
Listed below are the training dates for each session. The training will begin at 3:00 pm on Day 1 and end at 5:00 pm on Day 3. This is an all inclusive training with meals and training materials free to selected applicants. Mileage reimbursement is available as well.
- July 8-10, 2015 - This PACL is customized for Military members, dependents, and professionals who serve them. Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Chesapeake/Suffolk, Suffolk, VA
- July 22-24, 2015 - This PACL is for professional' s or parent's that serve or have in interest in outreaching and forming Special Education Groups in the community. This PACL will build on attendees current outreaching strategies and provides new research based ideas. Attendees can be church leaders, community project leaders, or even small non-profit leaders throughout Virginia. Location: Great Wolf Lodge, Williamsburg, VA
- August 5-7, 2015 - This PACL is customized for Military members, dependents, and professionals who serve them. Location: TBD: Prince William County, VA
- August 19-21, 2015 - This PACL is customized for Foster Care and Kinship families and the professionals who serve them. Tide' s Inn, Irvington, VA
- August 26-28, 2015 - This PACL will be presented in Spanish. Location: TBD, Northern Virginia
Please fill out the application at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2015PEATCPACL. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis bi-monthly until the class is full (limit 12 participants per session). Early applications are recommended.
Selected participants will receive a confirmation email with more details about the training, including the exact training location.
For more information, please contact PEATC at (800) 869-6782 or email@example.com
Sorry. You are limited to emailing articles per day.
Copyright © 2020 Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center