In October, PEATC is focused on bullying prevention and awareness
The October PEATC Press is here!
Oct 07, 2015
This month's PEATC Press is about October is National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month.
Join PEATC in our Anti-Bullying Challenge by:
• Devoting class time to discuss bullying awareness, the warning signs and prevention (PEATC will supply preventive talking points)
• Select a wall or bulletin board in your classroom and designate it as the “anti-bullying” wall
• Ask students to think of a words that describe good friends
• Give the students a post-it note and let them write the word on the post-it note
• Put the post-it note on the designated wall or bulletin board
• Take a picture of the wall and email it to PEATC at firstname.lastname@example.org (In the subject line put your name, your school, city and state and your grade level)
PEATC will provide you with necessary supplies and even a completion certificate for the students! The first three schools to submit photos will win a prize. In the beginning of November, PEATC will compile the wordle, post the submitted pictures to our website and each school that participated will receive a framed wordle that can be displayed in your classroom or in your school.
Teachers, if you are interested in having your students participate in this challenge, please contact Tina Norris (email@example.com) or Caroline Gendelman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 703-923-0010.
You'll also find our Parent Engagement calendar (in English and Spanish) with suggestions for promoting bullying awareness and prevention.