PEATC announces it's 2016 Advocacy Symposium on May 10-11, 2016 in Staunton, VA!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: C.O.B. ON APRIL 22, 2016
You are formally invited to participate in a Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center (PEATC) co-sponsored FREE symposium for those involved in special education advocacy in Virginia.
The symposium will begin with registration on May 10th at 9 am. Program activities begin promptly at 10 am. The symposium will end on May 11th at 4:30 pm.
To submit your application for the 2016 Advocacy Symposium, please complete the application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NMW5L9N
This year’s GUEST SPEAKERS and TOPICS include:
“Legal Updates on IEP/FAPE Issues” and “The Impact of ESSA (IEP and FAPE issues) Other Legal Issues and Trends”
Art Cernosia, Attorney and Education Consultant from Williston, Vermont
- “Creating Agreement”
Diane Autin, Executive Co-Director of the Statewide Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN)
- “COPAA Voluntary Code of Ethics for Advocates and Implications for Practice”
Denise Stile Marshall, Executive Director of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc. (COPAA)
- “Collaborative Advocacy and Effective Communication”
Crystal Shin, Clinical Assistant Professor of Law and the Managing Attorney of William and Mary’s Special Education Advocacy Clinic
PLEASE NOTE: SEATING WILL BE LIMITED
• You will be notified about your application status NO LATER THAN April 27, 2016.
• You MUST receive a confirmation to attend this event
• You must commit to participating in the entire symposium
• Contact PEATC at 800-869-6782 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not contact the hotel or VDOE directly) with any questions or cancellations