We are pleased to share our Annual Reports and all the work we've been doing to improve educational outcomes for Virginia's children, especially those with Special Education needs.
PEATC Helps Families...
- Negotiate the education and service system maze
- Effectively communicate their child's needs (from birth to age 22)
- Develop self-advocacy and self-determination in children and youth
- Organize information so that overwhelming problems become manageable
- Manage their emotions for their child's benefit and talk so others will listen
- Learn the difference between effective advocacy and being adversarial
- Experience and enjoy the power of partnerships and successful collaboration
We look forward to continuing to serve our Virginia families, especially the traditionally underserved, rural and low-income populations, and those families that do not know how their effective involvement can make a difference.
Please let us know how we might assist you!
Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center (PEATC)
8003 Forbes Place, Suite 310
Springfield, VA 22151
800-869-6782 (toll free)